- I’m not sure if it is just because I’m in a festive spirit, the weather is changing, or I’m looking forward to celebrating holidays. But I am so ready for Halloween on Monday. Last year I wanted to start a Halloween tradition of Halloween themed suppers. I made eyeball and brains (spaghetti) for that night with pumpkin shaped, chocolate covered pretzels for dessert. This year I’m thinking about a pumpkin graveyard cake, for dessert, but I’m stumped still as to what I should make for our actual supper. Any ideas?
- Random fact: I love smores and I am SUPER EXCITED that smore and campfire weather is finally here! I am all about cuddling up in blankets, eating tons of smores, and looking at the stars. I know, I’m a typical girl. And using a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup instead of a Hershey’s bar, if the only way to make a perfect smore! 😉
- I don’t know about y’all but I love me some Madea movies. If you haven’t seen them, GO WATCH THEM. They are hilarious and honest when it comes to talking about real family issues. BOO! A Madea Halloween came out last weekend. Jake and I went to see it with my family, during a weekend visit, and all of left laughing and still are talking about how good it was. And we enjoyed it so much that Jake and I are going to see it tomorrow night with a friend. Warning though! It does have a little bit of language in this one, so I would recommend leaving the children at home.
- Another fact about me: I love love love LOVE cheesecake and would choose that over any cake you offered me.
- I am so thankful for cooler weather in this hot Mississippi delta. We are finally out of the 90 temps and finally in the mid to low 80s. Hallelujah!
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.” Genesis 8:22