- I’m not sure if it is just because I’m in a festive spirit, the weather is changing, or I’m looking forward to celebrating holidays. But I am so ready for Halloween on Monday. Last year I wanted to start a Halloween tradition of Halloween themed suppers. I made eyeball and brains (spaghetti) for that night with pumpkin shaped, chocolate covered pretzels for dessert. This year I’m thinking about a pumpkin graveyard cake, for dessert, but I’m stumped still as to what I should make for our actual supper. Any ideas?
- Random fact: I love smores and I am SUPER EXCITED that smore and campfire weather is finally here! I am all about cuddling up in blankets, eating tons of smores, and looking at the stars. I know, I’m a typical girl. And using a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup instead of a Hershey’s bar, if the only way to make a perfect smore! 😉
- I don’t know about y’all but I love me some Madea movies. If you haven’t seen them, GO WATCH THEM. They are hilarious and honest when it comes to talking about real family issues. BOO! A Madea Halloween came out last weekend. Jake and I went to see it with my family, during a weekend visit, and all of left laughing and still are talking about how good it was. And we enjoyed it so much that Jake and I are going to see it tomorrow night with a friend. Warning though! It does have a little bit of language in this one, so I would recommend leaving the children at home.
- Another fact about me: I love love love LOVE cheesecake and would choose that over any cake you offered me.
- I am so thankful for cooler weather in this hot Mississippi delta. We are finally out of the 90 temps and finally in the mid to low 80s. Hallelujah!
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.” Genesis 8:22
I’ve been away from blogging lately but that doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten about it. I love and miss it but life has gotten in the way.
Jake and I have been busy traveling to see family and celebrate birthdays, getting ready for hunting season (for Jake to fill our freezer 😁), Tamale Festival, and just being with friends and family. I know. Your thinking this stuff would’ve made great blog posts. But I’ve tried to live in the moment.
As a new series, that I will do once a month, I’m going to document how we are doing with paying off our debt. Why am I doing this, you ask? I want to do something that will hold us accountable to continuing down this road so we don’t lose motivation. I will tell you more about this but I need to finish figuring out how we will go about this plan.
As part of this, I am asking for all tips and questions that you may have. I hope us going through this will answer whatever questions you have (and any questions, I will do my best to answer) or motivate you to pay down your debt to have a more financially free life to do fun things. To be clear and let all of you know up front, we are doing this to better our credit to buy a house next year. I know people will judged me for displaying this so publicly when it should be something we keep private within our marriage. But we feel this will help us and others and show us what we are doing wrong and could fix as we go through this journey. No! I will not be detailed as to how to how much we are trying to pay off, especially with how much our bills are. But I will let you know how we are tackling each debt, what changes we make throughout this journey, and how close we are to each finish line.
Join me, soon, as I reveal our first steps!
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrew 13:5